Milling is one of the processes by chip removal machining. The milling process requires a basic equipment. Basic equipment consists of milling machine, work-piece, fixture and cutter. The most important element in the process of milling is necessary machinery. This machine is called milling. There are different types of milling. The routers according to tool orientation can be horizontal, vertical or universal. The special milling can be circular, copiers, gantry or mobile bridge. The routers according to the number of axes can be three, four and five axis.
Operations during the milling process cycle are as follows:
- End milling: Tool mill makes peripheral and slot cuts across the work-piece.
- Chamfer milling: Tool mill makes a cut along of the work-piece to create a 45 degree angled.
- Face milling: Machine works in a flat surface of the work-piece to create a smooth finish.
- Other operations are drilling, boring, counter boring, countersinking, tapping and reaming.
This process is characterized by the following advantages and disadvantages
- Many materials are compatible with this process.
- Very good tolerances.
- It’s a quick process, so milling has short lead times.
- After the process, there is a lot of waste.
- The complexity and characteristics of final pieces are limited.
- To get a piece maybe needed several operations, tools and machine.
- The basic equipment required for this process is a high equipment cost.
In Gestión de Compras we have the necessary means to produce a wide range of parts made by milling, always with the best quality and the most competitive prices. It is possible because we work with companies that have all necessary equipment, from manually milling machines to 5-axis CNC milling machines, to adapt efficiently production means to get the desired part.
MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
Milling can be performed on workpieces in variety of materials, including most metals and plastics. Common materials that are used in milling include the following:
- Thermoset plastics
Parts made by the process have an important use in the area industrial, automotive, machinery, telecommunications, and other electrical and electronic components.
STANDARD AND CERTIFICATES
Our factories have the most demanding certifications for customers to ensure product quality as :
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- TS 18001
- ISO 3070, ISO 3686, etc.
- With regards to safety standards ISO 15641 or OHSAS 18001