Tube bending is a forming process that produce a plastic deformation on a pipe or tube. Usually, round stock is what is used in tube bending. However, square, rectangular, solid or extruded tubes and pipes may also be bent to meet job specifications.
Like in press brake forming, tubes experience springback after bending, producing a bend that undergoes radial growth. Another one effect of bending the workpiec e is the wall thickness changes, the wall along the inner radius of the tube becomes thicker and the outer wall becomes thinner.
There are basically four ways of tube bending:
- Ram-type bending: It is one of the oldest and simplest tube bending methods, it uses a hydraulically driven ram that forces a tube against rollers or pivot blocks.
- Roll bending: generally entails three rolls positioned ina pyramid.The rolls move to produce specific, usually very large radiibend. This process is widely used to produce spirals.
- Compression bending: uses a roller or compressiondie tobend the workpiece around a stationary bend die.
- Rotary draw bending: For precision work, rotary draw bending dominates the tube bending landscape, especially for tight radii. This process gives you maximum controlover wall thinning and curvature, because it uses a mandrel inside the tube and precision tooling on the outside.
This process like most forming processes can be carried out cold or hot with the advantages and disadvantages associated with each type of operation.
Gestión de Compras offers a professional management for manufacture products by pipe bending.
Our suppliers are equipped with state-of-the-art CNC tube benders which specifically produce formed tubes on a wide variety of materials and diameters. We can produce parts from drawings, which gives us versatility to produce from prototyping to high volume production.
MATERIALS AND PRODUCTS
This process can be carried out any metal shaped forming tube, but the most common are:
- Stainless Steel
- Carbon Steel
We take on all jobs that fit our capabilities, for any industry. Such as a gricultural, alternative Energy, appliance, automotive, computers, construction, electronic, furniture, hardware, health and fitness, heating and air conditioning, heavy e quipment, lawn and garden, petroleum and mining, etc.
STANDARD AND CERTIFICATES
Our factories have the most demanding certifications for customers to ensure product quality as:
- ISO9001,TS16949and ISO 14001
- QS9000, AS9100
- DIN 6935,DIN 8586, etc.