A hook is a hardware component consisting of an elongated material containing a bent portion. This portion are used to hold, hang or clamping another object. To several purposes one end of the hook is pointed, so that end can pierce another materials, which is then held by the curved or indented portion. Ends can be also rounded.
The parameter for define a wire hook are type, length, wire diameter, and bend diameter.
Exist on the market countless models of hooks depending on their function. Then we name some of the more generic forms.
- C-Hooks, these hooks are ideal for wider parts or multiple styles of parts with varying thicknesses. C style hooks have rounded ends which permit easy placement on round profiles and crossbars. These hooks can be used in combination of Daisy-Chain multiple items together to suit the required length.
- S-Hooks, these hooks are similar to C hook with the difference of his ends are bended on opposites sides. Metal S shape hooks have rounded ends specially design for hooking on the round pipe, rails or similar. It’s recommended that for maximum loading and repeated usage, ensure the product being hung seats into the bottom of the “C”.
- V-Hooks, the most characteristic feature of this hook is that it have a “V” shape that improve his ability to retain considerably longer than a C style hook. Also the "V" bottom allows the hung part to rest in the same location each time. Parts hung from these hooks show more stability on the line and will maintain better their orientation.
- J-Hooks, this type of wire hook is a great all-purpose hook. It’s possible to see it on motorcycle straps, utility trailer straps, cable support systems, and many more ratchet strap applications.
- CV-Hooks, this hook combines features of a “V” style hook and the ease of use of a “C” style hook. It can be used on both traditional, and round stock conveyor systems.
- Utility Hooks, are hooks that are not designed for a specific application. For this reason exist a wide variety of them that can present different forms, threads, special coatings, etc. Some examples can be rubber rope hooks, hanger hooks, shelving hooks, etc.
In addition to the above mentioned, Gestión de Compras produces other types of wire hooks for very specific applications. Some examples can be rubber rope hooks, hanger hooks, shelving hooks, etc.
Gestión de Compras offers a complete line of custom wire hooks to meet the needs of any industry. We can produce hooks according to specific customer requirements because we have the necessary means to produce wire bending products with a wide range of wire diameters, hook forms, materials, surface coatings, etc.
TREATMENTS AND COATINGS
In Gestión de Compras we offer a wide variety of finishes to satisfy customer needs.
Hooks are components which a correct heat treatment and coating is very important in order to the part can comply his function. We apply the necessary heat treatment according to material and client requirements.
Most extended coating for hooks are the vinyl coating, which get more grip and a great resistance to corrosion. According with the material others coatings can be applied to hooks such as:
- Shot Peening.
- Electroless Plating.
- Chemical Coatings.
Hooks can be produced from a wide variety of metals, but the most used for industrial purposes are:
- Carbon steel.
- Stainless steel.
STANDARD AND CERTIFICATES
We have the means to ensure our products comply the general regulation and the specific certificated regulations in manufacturing products that requires them.
- ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- TS 16949.
- OHSAS 18001.