Process of turning
Turning is a machining process. Turning, like other machining processes, is a material removal process. During turning, part of the initial material is removed. The machinery that carry out this process is called turning machine or lathe.
- Load/unload time: Fix the workpiece into the turning machine. This step depend on size, weight, and other characteristics of the workpiece.
- Cut time: Cutting tool makes all the necessary cuts to get desired piece.
- Idle time: Remove material. Change tools and adjusting machine.
- Tool replacement time: The time required to replace a tool that has exceeded its lifetime.
After the process isn’t necessary to apply treatment to improve properties, because it usually has a good surface finish and very narrow tolerances.
During the process operations are carried out inside and outside. These operations are:
Turning machine can also be computer controlled. In this case, turning machine is CNC (Computer Numerical Control). The movements of workpiece and cutting tool are preprogramed. It’s a very high precision turning machine.
Advantages of turning
- Good surface finish.
- It requires less energy and strength than other processes.
- Collecting chips is easier.
Turning also has disadvantages .
- Most defects are inaccuracies in a feature`s dimensions or surface roughness.
- Limited to rotational parts.
- Significant tool wear.
In Gestión de Compras we are able to produce a wide range of products from a huge variety of materials manufacturing by turning machining.
We are provided by factories that can produce items completely by turning machining from roughing operation to the auxiliary operations necessary to finish the product with costumer’s requirements.
Materials and products
The material worked on turning and other machining processes are:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Other feasible materials are lead, nickel, tin, ceramics, titanium, thermoplastics and thermosets.
The parts made with this process are important in industrial, automotive, machinery, telecommunications, and other electrical and electronic components. As for example: threaded rods, dumbbells, bushings, shafts, screws, pins, etc.
Standard and certificates
We have the means to ensure our products comply the general regulation and the specific certificated regulations in manufacturing products that requires them.
- ISO 9001 and e 14001
- TS 16949
- ISO 8062, ISO 286-2, DIN 2768, DIN 1697, etc.
- OHSAS 18001
- ISO 5609