Gestión de Compras have the means to get seamless stainless-steel tubes in a range of lengths, diameters and thicknesses, supplying in all the alloys to different sectors.
Our seamless stainless-steel tubes are available in a wide range of diameters (ranging from small to more than 250mm), in different thicknesses, ensuring the best quality and a quick delivery.
We are able to produce in all the different grades of stainless-steel tube in different finishes as raw straight from the steel mill (without surface preparation), satin polished, bright polished (mirror shining).
We produce stainless steel seamless tubes for many purposes as their overall corrosion resistance and good machinability: Stainless Steel Tubing for General Corrosion-Resistance, Pressure Pipe, Sanitary Tubing, Mechanical Tubing, Aircraft Tubing, Hydraulic-Line Tubing, among others.
We supply mainly to Food industry, Pipping industry, Oil and gas, Mining, Chemical and petrochemical, Power generation, Renewable energy, Pulp and Paper, Pharmaceutical, Food and beverage, Marine, etc.
Our stainless-steel tubes are made heating to about 1200ºC the billets and forming elongated circular products which are hollowed into a drill mill. Once we have the hollow in the billets, there are two ways of production for seamless stainless-steel tubes and pipes:
Billet → Heating → Drilling → cross laminated, continuous Rolling or extrusion → removing → Sizing (conical bore) → Cooling → Straightening → hydrostatic test) → labelling → packing and stocking.
palanquilla redonda → calentamiento → perforación → laminado cruzado de tres rodillos, laminado continuo o extrusión → desmontado → dimensionamiento o reducción del diámetro (taladro cónico) → enfriamiento → enderezado → prueba hidrostática (o detección de fallas) → etiquetado → almacenamiento en almacén
The production of stainless-steel pipe by cold drawn is more complex than hot rolled. In general, cold draw tubes have thinner wall and smaller diameters than hot rolled.
Billet → Heating → Drilling → sharped/pointed →annealing → pickling → lubrication→ cold processing→ tube → heat treatment→ Cooling → Straightening → hydrostatic test → labelling → packing and stocking.
During the production of seamless tube certain characteristics can be controlled as the diameter of the pipe that will depend on the use that we will give it later. This size may vary from small tubes used to make hypodermic needles to large tubes used to transport gas in the city. Other characteristics than can be controlled are the thickness of the pipe, its length, the lining material and its final finish.
- Homogeneous tubes
- Ability to withstand high pressure
- Good durability and corrosion resistance
- Good plasticity and toughness
- High purity
- Ideal for critical applications
- Higher costs than welded tube.
- Not ideal for large diameter pipes
- More difficult to manufacture than other processes
- Longer lead times than other processes for the same sizes
- Diameters with more than 500 mm can’t be got by this process.
Materials and products
Our range of materials includes the most commercial austenitic grades 304 (1.4301, X5CrNi18-10) , 304L (1.4306, X2CrNi18-10), 316 (1.4401, X5CrNiMo17-12-2), and 316L (1.4404, X2CrNiMo17-13-2) stainless steel tubes; but also the grades 317, 317L, 321, 310S, 310, 630, 201, 303 (1.4305, X10CrNiS18-9).
304 in seamless pipes is the most used standard commercial grade as it has good corrosion resistance and good machinability
316 seamless pipes have much better corrosion resistance and this grade recommended for marine environments or coastal applications.
Standard and certificates
- Mill test certificates (MTC) according to EN 10204: 2.1, 3.1, 3.2.
- PED Pressure equipment directive.
- Our factories comply with quality management systems as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Size reports are issued by our laboratory or by a third party (SGS, TUV, other)
- Our products comply the general regulation and the specific certificated regulations in manufacturing products that requires them:
- ASTM A269
- ASTM A312
- ASTM A270
- JIS 3463
- NFA35-572 /NFA35-576-582 / NFA35-584