A wire mesh is an arrangement of interlocking strands of metal with evenly spaced, similar to a web or a net in that it has many attached or woven strands. It is used like input or raw material for a wide variety of industries and for structural reinforcing in construction.
Is possible difference two principal types of meshes depending of the manufacturing method:
In Gestión de Compras we offer different surface treatments attempting to accommodate the needs of each customer.
- Galvanized. It’s the most used treatment for mild steel mesh, offer a good protection against rust and corrosion. Usually woven mesh are galvanized before weaving. But for welded mesh is possible differentiate two types:
- GBW (Galvanized before welding). This type of mesh are cheaper than GAW but it could present corrosion problems on intersection areas.
- GAW (Galvanized after welding). Galvanize including the welded areas. These products are heavily protected from rust and corrosion and have an extended lifetime that the same products with GBW finish.
- Vinyl coating (VC). Are coated with either polyester or PVC after the welding or weaving process, sealing completely against rust and corrosion.
- Powder coating. This surface treatment offers a wide variety of colours, inclusive custom colours.
- Metal plating. Bronze, Monel, chromium coatings, etc. are often used for decorative effects.
Production of wire mesh
In Gestión de Compras we are suppliers of wire mesh in a wide range of wire diameters, forms, mesh sizes, surface coatings, materials, etc.
In the market there are meshes of a large variety of materials, including both metallic and polymeric. But metallic meshes are the most used, specially the followings:
- Stainless steel.
- Mild steel.
- Phosphor bronze.
Standard and certificates
We have the means to ensure our products comply the general regulation and the specific certificated regulations in manufacturing products that requires them.
- ISO 9001.
- ISO 14001.
- OHSAS 18001.