Gestión de Compras have the means to get seamless steel tubes in a wide range of sizes and thickness, supplying in all carbon steel and alloys to different sectors….
We supply tube and pipes as raw material, tube with a coating method (oiled, zinc plating, galvanized, lacquer, painting) and tube as semi-finished product for being cut, threaded or grooved.
Our tubes have many purposes as fluid transport, high pressure pipes, structural tubes, petroleum industry, piping; in various industries, such as Industrial sector, building sector, chemical industry, construction, petrochemical and natural gas industry, food industry, pharmaceutical industry, automotive, etc.
Seamless pipes and tubes of carbon steel or structural steel are made by hot rolled process, cold-rolled process or cold drawn to create the hollow shell, without welding or seam.
On this metal forming process the material is forced through a hole in a die forming the new hollow cross section. This method can produce smaller diameter steel pipe.
The steps are:
- Piercing/extrusion à Make hollow pipe
- Elongation à Reduce diameter and wall thickness
- Hot/cold rolling à Final shape
- Withstand extremely high pressure without cracking
- Thinner and lighter than welded pipes
- Uniform in shape
- Higher corrosion resistance and stronger than welded pipes due to the lack of seam.
- Higher costs than welding process.
- Limitations to heat treatment Lower quality surface than welded tubes.
- Limitation on size as diameters with more than 500 mm can’t be got by this process.
Materials and products
Gestion de Compras works with suppliers who design, develop and manufacture different types of seamless carbon steel tubes in different materials. Our typical steel grades:
- ASTM Standard: Grade A and B (A53, A106), low carbon steel (A179, A192), grade A1 and C (A210), material T5, T11, T12, T22, TP 347H (A213), Gr.6 (A333), P9, P11, P22 (A335), 4130, 4140 (A519).
- DIN/EN Standard: ST35, ST45, ST52, 13CrMo44 (DN 17175/ EN 10216-2) for steel tube, ST35, ST45 and ST 52 (DIN 2391/EN10305-1) for cold drawn seamless pipe and ST37, ST45 and ST52 (DIN 1629/EN10216-1) for unalloyed steel tubes subject to special requirements.
- API standard: J55, K55, N80, L80, C90, C95, T95, P110, M65 (API Spec 5CT); A, B X42, X46, X52, X56, X60, X65, X70 (API Spec 5L PSL1 / PSL2).
- Others: 10#, 20#, 35#, 45# (China), Q195, Q235, Q345 (16Mn), Q390, STKM11A, STKM12A among other
Standard and certificates
Mill test certificates (MTC) according to EN 10204: 2.1, 3.1, 3.2.
Size reports are issued by our laboratory or by a third party (SGS, TUV, other)
Our factories comply with quality management systems as ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.